Several weeks later & we are finally finished with our hen(ning)house! When we picked up the barn wood from the 100 year old barn, we didn’t know exactly what projects would turn out from the materials. The chicken house was one of the projects that we decided would qualify as a good project for the barn wood (we have other plans for the left overs).
I had Brian cut a circle for me out of some of the left-over wood so I could paint our chicken logo on it. We hung it up on the front door for a nice pop of color. Yes… it does resemble an outhouse sign too, hehe
When Brian went to pick up the wood, he also discovered an old drawer that was worn & rustic looking. Brian decided to bring it home (probably because he knows that I like to make something out of nothing). When we were talking about putting the window in the house, I knew that I wanted to add a flower window box as well. Which is conveniently where the wood drawer came into play. Yeah maybe it’s a little excessive but I thought it would be a nice touch
Brian added the final touches to the inside of the henhouse. He cut actual tree limbs to be used by the chickens as places to roost & hung the food & water canisters. Everything now seems to be in its place for our beloved chickens.